Saturday, November 22, 2008

STRETCH YOURSELF

By the title you would guess this is about
stretching and getting more flexability to
your muscles.

Well it's not.

This is about stretching yourself and what you are
cutrrently doing. Pushing yourself to areas you have
not ventured before.

I trained a client for his first time Friday. I told
him we were going to do legs. I can find out real fast
what someone is made of by putting them through the
paces of a real leg workout.

He is 19 years old. Has been training in a commercial
gym for 2 1/2 years. His best squat to this day was a
respctable 285 pounds, for 1 rep.. Right off I noticed he rushed
his repititions, and had poor ankle flexation. I put 10
pound plates under his heels and slowed his reps down.

He ended up doing 2 sets of 6 reps at 340 pounds!! Then
he dropped DOWN to 285 and did 2 sets of 10 repetitions
at his previous maxium lift!!!

What was the magic I preformed on him?

Now I will say I am one of the best at what I do, and
only because God has blessed me with skills and insight
I could never be taught or learn. But the reason he
preformed so far above anything he has even attempted
was because I convinced him he could..

That's right. I knew what he could do, now I had to
instill that belief in him. Because he held me in such
high respect, he believed me when I told him he could
do it. This was because I had gained his trust and respect.
And I stretched his vision for himself.

Now if he can believe in himself every day like he did
this day, the sky is the limit in all areas of his life.
As long as he stretches himself like he let me stretch
him.

To Your Health,
Randy Woody
Your Health & Fitness Expert
www.betterlifefitnesscenter.com
http://myforum.icandothistoday.com
www.betterlifefitness.getprograde.com

No comments: