Monday, September 22, 2008

MY WIFE CAUGHT ME CHEATING.....

....and she didn't care!

Yes, Saturday night Brenda came home just as things were heating up.
The ground sirloin was browning in the pan, the refried beans
were heating up on the stove, and I was sweating from the
habenaro salsa! Yes, it was my cheat meal for the week.
Homemade burrittos, refried beans, and chips and salsa.

You ask-"What is my health & fitness expert eating like this for?".
You are in total shock. Well Brenda wasn't.
You see as you go on a calorie restictive diet to lose bodyfat
the bodywill go into a mode of self preservation if you will.
Our ancestors didn't know when their next meal would be so
the body had a mechanism whereit would slow down the metabolism,
stop producing leptin (a hormone that allows your body to use
fat for energy) all to protect you against starvation.

So as I diet 6 days a week, I will have a cheat meal on Saturday
night to stoke up my metabolism for the folowing week so I can
burn more fat for energy.

So I say put off all those pyschcological cravings for a week
and you can have them on a meal once a week.I said meal, not day.
Also this is not a liscense to over eat and binge like a truly
starving person. But do eat more than you allow yourself during
the week. Your body will respond by turning up the heat and burn
more calories for you as you get back on your dieat for the
next 6 days. And doing this will help you put off eating what
you shouldn't as you know if you just wait until your cheat meal
you can have that little extra you are craving. helps keep you
on track, both mentally and physically.

So, like I said Brenda caught me cheating, but she actually
helped prepare my meal.

To Your Health,
Randy Woody
Your Health & Fitness Expert

www.betterlifefitnesscenter.com

313-561-LIFE

No comments: