Monday, September 15, 2008

STRENGTH

I can not imagine going through life without a base of muscle that can provide for me the means to do daily activities, or to do activities that others just simply can't because of a lack of muscle.

You MUST incorporate weight resistance training in your quest for optimal health. If you want to be lean--gain some muscle, if you want to prevent weak bones--gain some muscle, if you want to excel at a sport---gain some muscle. I could go on about the benefits of gaining muscle.

I am not talking about massive muscles like a bodybuilder (not that that is a bad thing).

What are you waiting for? Are you weight training? If not now is the time to start. I have clients in their 60's who have gained significant muscle and are living a much better life. Trust me on this, you do not want to age and have what muscle you do have atrophy, you will live a miserable aged elderly existence.

Thirty minutes twice a week can give you all the muscle you need. That is all it will take, 30 minutes and effort from you.

Need the exercises to do, or the food to eat, or the accountabilty to keep on track?
E-mail me for assistance.

rwoody@betterlifefitnesscenter.com

To Your Health,
Randy Woody
Your Health & Fitness Expert

No comments: