Tuesday, December 2, 2008

NEISY NASH & CLEAN HOUSE

My wife loves the show "Clean House". The
show is hosted by Neisy Nash and spot lights
a different family who has major clutter
and mess going on in their house.

Then the crew goes in and works the problems
out and cleans the mess and the family is left
with a clean, organized, tight house.

This reminds me so much of what we do as personal
trainers, coaches, and consultants.

People come to us with a mess, some little, some
major. We help figure what the problem is, then we
help "clean" up the mess.

Some messes are a women wants to lose that last
10 pounds of fat from her last baby. Or a man needs
to lose 60 pounds and drop his cholesterol.

It is then our job to help them straighten out
their mess.

Just like in the show some people just don't want
to let go of some of the things that are causing
the mess. I saw one show where a couple had like
30 old computers, 40 old phone systems, and probably
50 old useless monitore just in one area of the mess.
They did not want to get rid of this crap for anything.

Well I had a new consultation the other day with a
obese women who was not going to give up her pasta
for anything.

Nope, she has eaten pasta all her life, her mother
ate pasta, and her grandma showed them how to make
the pasta.

So I told her she had 2 choices, and only one choice
that she could make would I work with her and help her
get healthy.

Praise God, she knew I was serious and there will be no
pasta until we get her weight under control.

Interesting though, she came to me for my expertise,
I recognized one of the problems, told her what she
had to do--and she then didn't want to listen to me.

Only when I threatened to take away my help, the thing
she needed the most, only then did she realize how big
of an issue she had.

Sometimes people just need to be shaken up and told the
truth before they are ready to make a move.

Well, this was more of a rant today than anything, as I
just sometimes shake my head at some of the messes I come
across.

To Your Health,
Randy Woody
Your Health & Fitness Expert
www.betterlifefitnesscenter.com
www.betterlifefitness.getprograde.com
http://myforum.icandothistoday.com

No comments: